Two more charity knits to my tally (closing in on 50!). These are very simple preemie blankets, knit with 100% cotton I bought from a friend earlier this year.
What I did was to cast on 90 stitches, knit every row for 10 rows, then knit all right side rows and k10, p70, k10 the wrong side rows until I had nearly a square, then knit 10 rows again. The blankets are about 50 x 50 cm in size, just perfect for preemies and exactly as the charity I am knitting for, Frühchenstricken, needs them.
Both blankets took three balls of yarn, that's 150 grams. I knit them on 4 mm needles even though the yarn called for smaller needles to make the blankets softer. I've noticed that items made with mercerized cotton tend to be rather hard, and a looser gauge helps with that.
These have been sent to the charity with two other blankets (this green one and this yellow blanket and are hopefully already warming little preemies!
Add new comment